2017 Expect Miracles Foundation Scholarship
Expect Miracles Foundation established its college scholarship program to help students who would find attending college to be a significant financial burden due to their history/current diagnosis with cancer. Given in memory of Paula J. Pearlstein, whose courage and energy were instrumental to the advancement of our mission in the early years, the $10,000 scholarship is intended to help an individual who has been impacted by cancer – either in treatment or remission – to attend a 4-year college or university in pursuit of a degree. Expect Miracles Foundation will send the scholarship checks directly to the Bursar’s office of the recipient’s college or university to be credited towards the recipient’s tuition.
- Must have been diagnosed with cancer (previously or currently diagnosed)
- Must be a high school senior or college freshman, sophomore, or junior
- Must be enrolled to attend an accredited college or university in the Fall of 2017 or Spring of 2018
- Must be a U.S. citizen, or documented permanent resident of the U.S. (or US Territory)
- Never at any time have been subjected to any disciplinary action by any institution or entity, including, but not limited to, any educational or law enforcement agency.
- Must have been treated for cancer at a cancer facility in New England or the greater New York area (CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT) or must be a resident of New England or the greater New York area (CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT)
- Previous Expect Miracles Foundation scholarship winners may apply
1. Must complete Scholarship Application
2. Must attach a copy of household’s W2 (please black-out SSN)
3. Must attach Physician Verification Form (to be completed by Physician)
*Applicants must submit all three forms to be considered for the scholarship. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
* All applicants will be notified by 5:00PM on Friday, April 28, 2017.
About Expect Miracles Foundation: Expect Miracles Foundation rallies the financial services industry to invest in life-saving cancer research and advance patient care programs nationwide. We are a 501(c)(3) public charity. Tax ID # 20-4127495
For additional questions please contact Megan Melville at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.391.9235